- John Potts, Operations Director, GRCI Law
- Cliff Martin, Cyber Incident Responder, IT Governance
- Martin Fletcher, Consultant, DQM GRC
According to Mimecast’s State of Email Security 2020 since the pandemic began, phishing attacks have increased in 63% of organisations. In addition, Verizon’s 2021 Data Breach Investigations Report found that 36% of data breaches involved phishing, and 85% of breaches involved a human element.
With organisations at risk now more than ever, this flash briefing outlines the steps to take following a data breach in order to minimise losses and protect your organisation’s reputation, as well as comply with relevant data protection legislation such as the GDPR.
Our privacy and cyber incident response experts discuss:
- Examples of what constitutes a data breach regarding UK and EU residents’ data under the GDPR;
- What steps you should take following the discovery of a data breach, including engaging our cyber incident response team; and
- What help is available and how you can mitigate the effects of a future breach if you act now.